/* Google analyics */

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Jaxon in Concert


Tuesday was Jaxon's first band concert. He was not nervous or anything and his band did a great job. His class had only been playing for about 6 weeks and they played a full on song...very well!

Monday, Jaxon didn't come home on time but I didn't worry because he often helps my sister at her school right by the Jr high. Around 4pm he called and wanted me to pick him up. When I asked him what he had been doing he said, "oh,I tried out for the basketball team".

We had talked about it months ago and talked about how 7th graders usually don't make the team but that it would be a good idea to try out anyway.  That is the only word said about it ever. He didn't make the first cut, I guess they just lined up and saw who could make the most 3 pointers - not Jaxon's strength. He is more the point guard type of player.

I am so proud that he tried. He was not sad or anything. I am always in awe at his self confidence. He may be shy but he is not insecure. What a great example and leader he is for our family!

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Oh my gosh. It is crazy that you are in this stage of life and I'll be there next year. Jr. High. ahhhhh! What does Jax play? My little niece is also in the band. She (Golda) plays the flute. She has taken lessons for a while so I think she might be in the 9th grade band. Anyway, well done Jax.

Brindy said...

So cute! Wow he is brave. I remember trying out for cheer leading in 9th grade, I laugh now but it was very intimidating.

Lara said...

I think self confidence is something every parent wishes their children will have. Good for Jaxon for trying out. That is fantastic!

Contributors