
It has been officially one year since we moved into our new house. We have worked hard getting the yard in and planted four trees so far. We have only begun the inside as far as my vision goes, but there is something inside this home that has changed very dramatically. It is the mother who lives there. A few months after we moved, I realized I had been waiting for some moment in time when I earned the title of mother. I felt like I was a student at the bottom of the bell curve watching everyone else make the grade. I haven't been a terrible mother, but I was in reaction mode instead of action. It started when we were still building and I went from sending the kids on the bus to taking them. In those few minutes going to and from school I started to claim my motherhood. I am a deep thinker (as you will see) and I have thought my way to a place within myself I am very proud of. Moms rule!

No comments:
Post a Comment