/* Google analyics */

Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Day At The Beach

Saturday we went up to Jordanelle reservoir with some friends. They have a boat and it reminded us of the good old days when we did too. I must say it was a lot more fun going along for the ride instead of doing the driving, if you know what I mean. Abram kicked butt on the knee board and Monte loved the wake board, of course. Tre got on the tube and loved every minute - I was surprised. I don't think I ever saw a bigger grin on his face ever! That night we went to the neighborhood party at surf-n-swim so it was quite the water day. On our way home at 10pm Monte mentioned getting some Banana Boat stuff (aloe vera) on our sunburns. Hazel heard boat and said "I wanna go on the boat".

As we pulled up to the beach on the last run of the day, we could see a fire truck and ambulance. Soon a life flight helicopter landed about 50 yards from our picnic table. We could see the EMTs doing CPR on someone for what seemed like forever. Eventually we heard screaming and crying when the poor man was pronounced dead. It was a humbling thing to watch. I wished I could have said something or somehow helped. It was so sad to think about a day of fun ending so tragically. We looked up the story on the web and I guess two jet skis collided. He was 44 years old, so sad.

Today, in relief society, our lesson was on helping those that grieve. I couldn't help but think of that family. I mentioned at the end of RS that I have noticed that every year there is a lesson like this one. I think it is so special that even with Heavenly Father's eternal perspective he has so much love and compassion for us that he wants us to learn about how to help and comfort each other when we mourn - no matter if we mourn a death or something else.

1 comment:

Jewels said...

How sad, we were just up there last weekend and it was so crowded with people everywhere, I can see how something awful could happen. I'm sad I missed Relief Society, I think I have become the permanent sub in Primary and I really wonder if I will ever see RS again! Hope you have a good week, we need to have Tre over this week-we'll call you.

Contributors