Wednesday morning, after getting only four hours of sleep (book club, way worth it), Tre informed me that he had an "oweeeee". I asked him where so I could give it the mommy - kiss - all - better. He lifted his foot and on the bottom was a huge white blister. I imedietely looked at Monte and said "uh he needs to go to the doctor". I was worried he had some kind of staph infection or worse. The doctor informs me it is a spider bite - maybe a hobo spider. I was surprised, I hadn't even considered a spider bite. He showed me where it bit two places and where the infection or poisen was streaking up his leg a couple of inches or so. YUCK!
He is doing better every day. He has to take an antibiotic three times a day and I have to redress the sore three times a day as well. When I got home I looked on the web and found lots of horror stories. One lady's bite kept her in the hospital three months.
The moral to this story is... first of all wear shoes outside because the doctor said most likely he got bit in the grass. And, if your kid has a big weird looking blister, get help fast!
(I thought about posting a picture of the spider or his foot but both give me the creeps so just look up the spider and come see his foot if you really want to see it)
Friday, August 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh my heck!! That is my greatest fear! Poor little guy, he seemed fine on Tuesday when he was over, when did it happen?? We love ya Tre, so sorry buddy!!
How Scary! Spiders totally freak me out. I'm glad you were coherent enough to take in to the doctor. I don't function that well the day after BC. :) I hope he gets feeling better.
I have been meaning to call you to tell you the funniest thing Cameron said about Tre. I told him what happened and he said, "is Tre going to turn into Spiderman now!" He was totally serious and thought it was so cool, be watching for superhero powers!!
Post a Comment