/* Google analyics */

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas to you and your kin

This season I came across an album on the Ipod called Wasatch Christmas 2004. I bet I have listened to it everyday since mid November. I started early this year because I am always so sad when Christmas comes and I haven't had a chance to enjoy the season. The first cut is a song by Nancy Hanson called "All Wrapped Up". I tried to get the song on here but my capabilities only go so far.

Anyway, the song talks about how she gets all the shopping and other busy stuff done but when the day actually comes her husband is the smart one. He might just stuff some cash into an envelope or grab a Chia Pet on the 24th but he enjoys the season. This song has been my war cry this busy year.

My favorite thing to do at Christmas time is to sit by the tree and just take in the spirit of it all. I get such a rush of gratitude and it feels sooooo good.

This year I wanted to let go of something in order to leave more time for this kind of pondering. My first step was to forgo the family Christmas card. I admit my heart sinks when I get a card in the mail and think of them wondering if I still care about them in return but it does remind me of my secret pledge to myself.

However, I am in no way giving up on letting those of you that are such a big part of our lives know how much we love and appreciate you. You all mean so much to us and have a lot of influence on us. We hope the best for you in the new year and most of all a wonderfully peaceful Christmas day.


Merry Christmas everyone... I am off to begin wrapping presents.

1 comment:

Lara said...

I love you for not sending out cards this year. I know so many who chose not to. Everyone is entitled to a year off every now and then. Oh how I wish I would have took their advice of not doing cards. I had such guilt about it that at the last minute I quickly put something together. Let's just say I wish I hadn't. I hope you guys had a great Christmas!

Contributors