/* Google analyics */

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It's 6s for T



Tre turned six! I tried and tried to talk him out of it but he did it anyway. Six is sooo big. He is no more my little baby with eyelashes to die for - he is my big boy:(







Tre has been talking for months about his birthday cake. We count "Sundays till my birthday" and I bet we started somewhere in the teens. When you are months away and he starts talking about this perfect cake he wants you think, "there's time, he will want something else by the time his birthday is here". Not so with Tre. He wanted a Sonic cake with bla bla bla bla. I figured I would take him to the bakery and with all the choices in front of him he would forget all about Sonic. Then I had an idea. Tre draws maybe 5-10 pictures a day. I asked him if he would want to draw his own cake. He thought that idea was grand so we bought a cake mix (white with rainbow sprinkles) and some frosting (rainbow chip) and some icing gels and he went to work.



Of course he wanted to go to Chuck E Cheese's for dinner (curse whoever brought that to town). We had a great time though. Last time he was there Tre fell in love with this bubble science lab thing that cost 500 tickets. I tried to steer him in the direction of the 50 maybe 100 ticket items but he was not detracted. The 500 didn't phase him in the least.
Luckily he has an older brother that is part electronic device. You have to see Jax in action to truly believe it. I swear his mind controls games. He always wins. There is this one game that is kind of like "Wheel of Fortune". If you land on one particular little spot you win the jackpot of 250 tickets. In only a matter of maybe ten minutes Jax won enough tickets on this and some other games to buy Tre's toy plus give a hundred or so to Abs, Haz and himself. In all honesty I did throw my 30 or so hard earned tickets into the pot and Abs did earn 20 or so himself as well, but freak Jax.





Happy birthday sweet six year old! You are such a blessing to everyone who is around you. You are so kind and sooo creative. You hold such a special place in this family. (we will be stopping at 6 though, right ... cutiebug?)

4 comments:

Jennie said...

He did such a great job on his cake! Way to go Tre.

Ange said...

That birthday cake is AWESOME!
...and it's nice to know there's other people out there consumed by thoughts of their birthday. Emma's the same way - she's been mentioning in, and planning it, and dreaming about it - literally for 9 months now. Which might work out to be a bummer for her because she builds it up to be so big, and dreamy, and perfect, and wonderful in her mind, that I'm afraid once her birthday actually gets here - and she realizes that first of all, it's a school day, and second of all - Hannah Montana really won't be coming after all.....she may be disappointed?

What a fun day for you guys!

Lara said...

What a talented guy. That cake is awesome!! I didn't realize Tre and Ben were so close in age. Ben turns six next month...and I am dreading it. There IS something about turning 6. Once they do, they are no longer little guys. I want to hold on to my little guy just like you do. Drat that thing called TIME!

Jewels said...

We LOVE Tre!! Happy Birthday Big Boy, looks like a fun day! And Mechelle, I think he will always have his eyelashes, he just won't be able to wear sunglasses without them knocking into the lenses!!

Contributors