
Yesterday Jaxon earned $20 for mowing the neighbors lawn. Before the money even touched his hand he had plans to buy a Wii game. He had looked up and compared prices online and everything. All the money was carefully placed on the entryway table, ready for when mom gave the "get in the car kids".
Enter the ice cream truck. In the pandemonium and excitement the music of the ice cream man brings, Tre grabbed the closest dollar bill he could find and ran. I swear that music must have an hypnotic effect on little kids.
"It was only one dolla" (that just happened to have a 20 on it). Imagine the delight he and all his little buddies had when ice cream popsicles were handed out to all around.
No, he didn't spend all the money, just $9.00. He "owny took one but brought back two!" What a little bargain shopper he is.
Tre has been busy earning the money to pay Jax back. The good news is that I am learning Tre is very capable of doing big boy jobs around the house!

8 comments:
Oh my gosh! If your kids are anything like mine, I can only imagine the "discussion" when Tre returned. What a sweetie though... he thought he was so innocent.
That's a classic kid story! Did Jaxen handle it alright? I think tempers may have been flaring over here!
That darn ice cream man....we've never ventured out to his van, and my kids think I'm super stingy for it. Maybe one day I'll break down and actually let them experience the "one-dolla" ice cream treats. I guess every kid should at least once. Tre was probably in heaven, and to come home with TWO monies to boot - how lucky is that!
That is hilarious!! Oh Tre, he always makes me laugh. I always tell my kids they can go to Walmart and get 20 popsicles instead and it seems to do the trick! We need to have that little guy over for a playdate soon. My boys adore him (even if he doesn't buy them popsicles)!!
What a funny story! I remember stealing from my Dad's wallet when he wasn't looking to buy from the ice cream man. I do think that song puts all kids into a trance.
Nowadays I think the whole Ice Cream Man/Truck thing is so CREEPY, I never let my kids get close enough to purchase anything.
I would love to hear Jaxon's side of the story. Poor guy. ;)
So FUNNY! Love that he just grabbed it and ran....ice cream all around!
Oh how funny! If that was my girls, they would still be balling about it. But that was a good story! We don't get the ice cream man up here in mt. green. . . . . . . good and bad.
hee, hee, hee...super cute!
I meant to catch you at church today but you must have ran away!! You did a wonderful job on your talk!! Thanks for sharing your testimony with us and have a great week. We need to get the kids at Cherry Hill together!
Post a Comment