/* Google analyics */

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Gimmee a "Y" gimmee an "O" gimmee a "U"

You know, blogs can be deceiving. Life can look so perfect online especially through a camera lens but, life is more complicated than a few snapshots of the good times. Even when some vent a little we only see the tip of the iceberg, so to speak. We may shed a tear at a blog post but then we go about our day with little thought. I think of Hillary who teases about little to no sleep because of her son's unknown challenges or Jennie who hints at daily struggles her family has been given. All of you struggle with trials big and small I am sure. Some are more visible than others and while we all move on to the next blog, that trial stays put.

This place is great for looking at the positive and that is one reason why I love blogging so much. For some reason I have had a hard time posting our wonderful summer pictures because I feel like I would be painting a picture that isn't all true. Life has been pretty much the hardest it has ever been. Monte and I have grown closer and that has been a good thing to come out of our latest "trial" so for that I am grateful. This past year has stretched us to the max (maybe beyond) in all facets of life - spiritual, mental, physical and temporal. We have required patience and understanding from many and true that can be unfair, but we do the best we can. I am trying to be very vague but let's just say that there are those people you hope to be your cheerleaders in life and when you have very few it hurts all the more when an important person brings you down especially when you need boosting up the most. I have learned how important cheerleaders can be and I want you to know I am here cheering my heart out for all of you. Life can get us down sometimes because in the middle of life there is a big fat "IF". "If" is questionable and I prefer good old solid dependability sometimes.

So, today I dedicate this post to YOU. Yes YOU! You who sacrifices time and energy in another's behalf, be it in or out of the home. You who looks in the mirror and doesn't like what they see. Those who look in their wallets and fear invades - or where fear invades for any reason. You who ask "why me" many times a day and those that ask "why not me". To all who shed a tear over your individual trial today or yesterday or the day before, you are loved by me and I cheer you on! You bring a smile to my face and I am sure many others. Thank you for that, you will never know how much I appreciate those smiles. Keep those heads high and remember you are heaven's royalty(on a sometimes sucky vacation, but still). Thank you for all your examples to me. I wish I could name all the times I have been buoyed up by you. There are many.
Thank you:) OOOO XXXX

7 comments:

Jewels said...

Oh Mechelle, you are always so good at putting things into perspective. I had no idea that things were hard right now, you always seem so together and happy. We are thinking of you and we love you!! Have a wonderful Summer and let's go to Cherry Hill sometime soon together!

Jennie said...

M ~ thanks for your post. You are always SO kind. I know you don't want to post pics, but I hope the vacation was or will be fun. I can't remember when you said you were going.

I hope things start to brighten up. I know it has been difficult. Remember... this too shall pass. :)

Lara said...

As hard as it is to do, I keep telling myself to just think of all the things that I am learning that I never would have learned had I not gone through certain trials that I continue to go through. They refine us and make us better individuals.

The fact that you and Monte have grown so much closer is something to be cherished. Cling to that. It can get you through anything.

I know part of your hardship is the fact that we are not having our freezer meal swaps right now. ;) Ha Ha Ha! I am missing them too! We should start up again soon.

I am thinking about you guys...

Donahoe Family said...

I love your honesty! These last couple of years have been our hardest by far, so I understand what you are saying. I think all of us feel it but some of us are just afraid to say it. But when we do, we find that there are a lot more people in the same situation than we thought, and we can all band together and get through it! I am glad to have you as one of my new friends! :)

Ange said...

Thanks for the cheering on!....and you've got a big fan club cheering right back 'atcha! I think we ALL need that from time to time.
The great news is that you'll get through it - no doubt about it!
You're awesome!

Hillary Vaughan said...

Mechelle, Thank you for your post. You are such a wonderful person. I miss seeing you. I am sorry you are struggling. I understand everything you said. I have never been pushed so hard in life than now and there are so many times I want to give up. Someone told me the other day, Pain is innevidable, but suffering is optionable. (Sorry about the spelling!-i am not a speller!) That really made me think how I need to be more positive and have more faith. I don't mean this in a bad way, but it helps to know others are struggling, because @ times you feel like you are the only one and it is never going to end. So thank you for your post and I hope you know how much I think of you. You are an amazing person. I will keep you in my prayers and be thinking of you. Thanks agian!
Love Hill

Brindy said...

I'm sorry you have a rough summer Mechelle, I had no idea! You're an amazing person and if anybody could get through a rough time, It would be you. :) Thanks for all your support and kindness, you're a great example to me. I feel bad book club is at your house tomorrow night...feel free to cancel if you're too overwhelmed we would all understand.

Contributors