/* Google analyics */

Thursday, July 30, 2009

San Fran

Going on an official vacation this year was a high priority. We wanted to get away and not spend too much money. Advice for all you with "free" kids at home. Go now while you can. It costs so much for our family to do or go anywhere these days. We are $50 to see a movie, $25 for Happy Meals and when you throw in popcorn - forget it. Our family entertainment budget pretty much gets used once a month - sad but true.

When life was getting the heat turned up we knew we needed to just go. We had been looking and deciding for months. Monte came home and said I took a week off, where are we going? We decided on San Francisco because it was still a "destination" but we could save money because we could do fun things without a lot of money. Disneyland park alone is over $1200 for a three day pass. Hopefully next year we can hit Disney again, it is my fav!

Before we could book anything Monte came home and said work was having a meeting he needed to be here for and could we push our trip back a week. I suggested moving it up a week and so four days later we were on the road. I had to talk in church so Monte and I went to sacrament and then skipped out after to get going. We spent a night in Reno on the way there and back. We came home Friday night. Monte was supposed to be released that Sunday but then it was pushed back a week. I could have used the extra days away. It was sure a fun time though!

Here are a few pictures, I won't bore you with all of them.



In San Francisco we shared a room but that is probably the last time we will fit on one room again. These two chairs are where Hazy slept.


The famous Lombard Street


Alcatraz jail - fun time!



Monte was in heaven in Japantown. The food and smells brought back a lot of memories for him. Jax loved the sushi and Abs died for the crepe stand (another memory for Monte).


The seals at "The Warf". They stinky!


You will have to get the whole beach story in person. I can not do it justice here. The beach made my day. Let's just say NUDE. Ooops!


The Redwoods near Sausalito CA. I love these tiny little kids!


Thee Bridge! We were surprised Haze went with Golden. Usually she prefers her favorite colors in names like last year when she insisted we were going to Pinkstone and would get angry if you didn't call it that.



Ahh, the Jelly Belly factory. Tre's favorite part of the trip. It was sooo fun! It is quite the attraction. We were in line for about an hour for the tour!

5 comments:

Allen's said...

I am so gald you guys had a great trip. Did your lodging turn out okay? Sounds like you hit all the great spots. It made me jealous though....I love, love, love that city!

Jewels said...

How Fun!! I'm so glad you guys got to get away as a family. I love Hazel's little bed, I bet she was in heaven! I can just see Tre at the Jelly Belly place now...seriously heaven on earth to him!

Ange said...

Had NO idea there were things to do in San Fransisco. Seriously. I'm very geographically un-cultured, apparently.
Now I'm thinking that's a place we all should go. Sounds like Super fun!
...and I hear you on the budget thing - once your kids start eating off the adult menu - say Sayonara to eating out :)

Lara said...

I wish I had the bed that Hazel got to sleep in. That looked so comfy.

We all need to just get away once in a while...I am so glad you were able to.

Jennie said...

I'll have to get all the details from you about this trip. This is one we would LOVE to do. There is SO much to see and do there. The wharf alone is so fun and eclectic. I love it. I'm so glad you were able to get away and do it.

Contributors