/* Google analyics */

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Mirror Lake

When we moved our vacation up it left the next week a four day work week with the 24th on Friday. So, we decided to head out again. Half way there I informed Monte that I hadn't brought my purse, "just so you know". He reminded me that he had turned his Visa over to me in order to keep on budget after our trip. OOps! We pulled together $28 by scrimping change and money I had grabbed and cash from Monte's wallet and we prayed the vehicles would keep vehickin'. I can not imagine what we would have done. We had no checkbook or even ATM card. It would have been quite the tale. We only had 1/2 tank of gas so we put in $10 in Kamas, used $6 to pay for camping and prayed again. Our trailer could have used some maintenance but we were too much in a hurry to worry about little details like that. Our water was low, our batteries were low and who know how much propane was left. But, we had some of the most relaxing days in six member Wingle family history. We put in $12.35 of gas on the way home and we made it! (gas mileage is really effected when you have a full trailer and a mountain to climb)



What cute kids!


At night we would cuddle up here and watch a movie until the little ones fell asleep and then Monte and I would go out by the fire and talk and listen the quiet...ahhhh...heaven.


Hazel picked approximately 962 million flowers. The boys would get frustrated waiting for Haze to catch up while on our hikes because she "needed" flowers. She said she needed enough flowers to get married.


The boys spent hours shooting the BB guns and were sooo proud when they shot their cans in two.

4 comments:

Jennie said...

What a fun trip! That is amazing that you didn't run out of something. I also love the pic of little puddin' in the corner with Abram. Cute!

Lara said...

Sounds like you were really living on the edge. Love it. Talk about an inexpensive trip. I just adore Hazel and her flower picking! She is such a doll.

Donahoe Family said...

I love mirror lake it's one of my favorite spots! Camping always makes the best memories! It's a good thing you paid your tithing this month so you could have enough for your "needs" ha ha ha ha! :)
Lame joke - funny story!

Jewels said...

Holy Cow!! That will be a story you and your kids will tell for years!! Your kids look adorable all lined up on the log. I LOVE the little sister picking flowers..so precious!! Just wait until she really does get married, those big brothers won't be as annoyed then, I can see it now, they will each be giving her flowers!

Contributors