/* Google analyics */

Monday, June 30, 2008

Yes, we are alive!






This last week we took a family vacation to Yellowstone. We had a great time and learned a lot about each other and life itself. We saw all sorts of animals and geological features, but the thing that fascinated me the most was all the people from all over the world there. We started keeping track of all the license plates and by day two we had found all but four states! Maine, New Hampshire, Kentucky and South Carolina never did get found but we were looking up until we pulled in the driveway. We even saw several different Hawaii's wild huh?

As Jen would say anywho, here are some fun pictures. Yes, those are bears doing the "chic a chic a bow wow". We had to stop for a HUGE black bear crossing the rode (didn't get a picture, they are fast little suckers) and we saw hundreds of bison. The kids were complete troopers. We hiked three miles to stand over a three hundred foot waterfall (which was awesome) and the kids did great. A nice girl offered to take our picture in front of Old Faithful. (you could see the eruption a lot better in another picture but it wasn't a very good look for me so just imagine water shooting way above our heads).

All trip long Monte wanted the kids to play in a stream and just let loose like boys. He got his wish on the way home. I just bit my tongue and tried not to be a bummer. I am a little worried because when I reminded the boys to not drink any or get it in their mouth they all started spitting like crazy. Time will tell if a little friend has joined the family.

All in all it was a great time. A lot of driving. If you are thinking of going and have never been give me a call. I have lots of advice. Thank you to Monte who cleaned out the truck and trailer while I ran off to a meeting last night. Now my turn, the laundry- yikes!

One last little funny. Hazel asked all the way there, "where we goeeen" and I would say "Yellowstone" and she would say "no not Yellowstone". I couldn't figure it out. Then after a while she said "not Yellowstone let's go to pinkstone". I never laughed so hard. What a girl!

4 comments:

Jennie said...

Hazel is a crack up. That is too cute! I'm glad you guys had fun. We haven't ever been there, so I'm sure I'll be hitting you up for info.

To be honest, I haven't really dared do Yellowstone with kids. I didn't know if I could stand to be in the car with all the whining and fighting - but yes, I love my kids. :) I also didn't know if little ones would love it or not. You guys know all the tricks for a successful vacation, so maybe I'll reconsider. I'm glad you had fun!

"All you need is love" said...

Great! I'm going to call.

Jewels said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun!! We are probably going in the spring, I'll have to get all your great ideas! Have a Happy
4th of July!

Brindy said...

Wow, you're brave! It sounds like you had a blast though. That's hilarious about Hazel -- it's so funny what kids come up with. :)

Contributors