



Monday was the first day of school. The boys were so excited I couldn't believe it. When I was little my stomach started to churn on the 4th of July - the first day of school was probably my worst day of every year (except for the last day when I was so sad to be leaving such a great teacher, friends, etc. - what a wacko).
Usually, I am so prepared with school supplies bought, new clothes pressed and a first day surprise for the kids. I did actually accomplish these things but not in the same organized manner I am used to. The picture of all four kids ( you might have to click on it to get the whole effect) is a perfect symbolic picture of my brain that day - hehehe. The good thing was that I have been too busy to be sentimental about it - which is good with me.
Abram came home yesterday and announced that he loved school. He couldn't quite put his finger on the reason why but he just loves it. What a kid! Tre asks every day if it is Thursday. Thursday is when he goes to the school for testing. This is such a long week for him:(
Today, Wednesday only the third day of school, I had to make the boys change their clothes into their new school clothes. Jaxon was wearing last year's t-shirt with cut off shorts. I got the sigh with the eye roll when I forced him to wear some new clothes - why do I bother? He'll hate it later in life when I endlessly tease him about it.
I am so proud of my kids. Isn't it amazing to see your kids try new and difficult things and succeed and fail and grow. I love it!
Tre loved the little toilets and wanted me to take a picture , what a crazy!

2 comments:
I can't believe you have a 6th grader!! Crazy! I have to agree with Tre, those little potties are the cutest thing I have ever seen! Enjoy your days alone with your little princess!!
Those pictures are such a crackup!
Especially the one of Tre on the potty. I never saw such handsome boys--except maybe my own on the first day of school many years ago. Jaxon, Abram, and Tre, I am so proud of you--I'm so glad that you love school--so do I! And I envy your Mom, because she gets to spend one on one time with Hazel, that little angel. I know you will all be superstars in your classes, and be so kind to your classmates, too. I love each of you so much!
Can't wait to hear all about school this weekend. (P.S I can't remember what password I used, so I'm publishing this as anonymous).
Love, Grandma New One
Post a Comment