Saturday night Monte and I went to see the Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company preform. Monte has been taking a dance class at school to earn his mandatory "diversity" credit. As part of his class he needs to attend several dance preformances - hense the trip to Capitol Theater.
From the first day he could tell this class was going to push him way out of his comfort zone. However, like with everything, once he actually started to study and learn about dance he has grown to really appreciate it and even enjoy it. It is amazing at what the human mind can invent and the human body can create.
Sure we sat behind two well dressed, handsome and good smelling guys but we didn't stick out as much as we maybe would have thought. (I guess we have some serious prejudgment issues we need to ponder and maybe diversity shouldn't need quotes;) Anyway, it was a great night and I highly recommend checking it out.
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment