Monday, January 28, 2008
In Memory
I can't let the opportunity pass, I have got to tell the world how much I love and will miss President Hinckley. He was a constant in General Conference all my life. One thing my parents instilled in me is a love for conference. They always watched, sit down watched, and I watched too. I had things I played with, but I was in front of the tv every six months without fail. I was only nine when Elder McConkie gave his last talk but I actually remember it. I remember my mom's gasp when a few days later hearing of his death. I remember going to President Kimball's viewing after a Davis playoff game at the "U". I remember hearing President Benson speak for the first time after becoming the prophet and feeling the emotion of it after many conferences without the President there, President Kimball being ill for so long. And yet, through all this was Elder then President Hinckley. What a special man. What a blessing in my life to have had an example like his and his wife's. I hope I can emulate his vigor and positive attitude. I've told this before but I remember when I worked at ZCMI downtown a little blue haired woman needed some help. I worked with her and noticed how sweet and content she was. As she left she said " You are so sweet, I am going to tell my husband about you, he is on the board here". I smiled and thought nothing of it until later I saw her signature on the receipt, Majorie Hinckley. I can still picture the handwriting in my mind. Now, I am not dumb enough to think that she even mentioned me that night however, I felt the peace she carried and I felt the respect she had for him and I think about their relationship a lot. She was so supportive in a loving way that I hope I will be credited with someday. The thought of their reunion is what brings tears to my eyes, what an embrace that was I'm sure. They served and sacrificed in this life and now they deserve an eternity of happiness. You will be greatly missed President Hinckley, thank you for...it all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment