/* Google analyics */

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Being Santa's Helpers

This year I really wanted to make an impact on the kids about how blessed we are. We held back a little on presents but I wanted them to really feel it. Our ward had it's own kind of "angle tree" and it was just the help I needed. I picked some kids that were my kids' age. I had them go shopping with me and pick out what was on their lists. They really got into the spirit of it. I told them we were buying these kids' whole Christmas. The boy Jaxon's age just wanted shoes and pj's. When we got home Jaxon began to cry. He said he was so glad we had done this. Payday!

1 comment:

Jewels said...

That is so awesome Mechelle! You are such a good example to your kids. Every commercial that comes on my kids say, "I want that". It is sometimes hard to not give them everything and help them realize how lucky they are! I'm gald you had a good Christmas, have fun celebrating Jaxon's birthday and Happy New Year!

Contributors