/* Google analyics */

Thursday, December 27, 2007

What A Weekend!






I have not touched my computer all weekend! I guess that means I have been busy, but a good busy. Friday, Monte woke up really sick. He joked that it was the caviar that he ate at work but probably just a bug. Luckily it lasted only about 24 hours. The good news was that it made for an extra day off!
Saturday he was good to go and we headed out to do some tubing. First we went shopping, for of all things a water bottle. Remember those water bottles you get in the hospital, with the handle. I want a new one of those. It is how I get my water in every day. Anyway, we were up in Riverdale when Monte's mom called and said his dad was being "Santa's Helper" in Morgan. We headed up to check out his work. He was at the city building and arrived on a fire engine truck (which we missed) and everything. It brought back many memories of my childhood. Jaxon and Abram knew right away, but the younger ones hopped up and let him know what was on their list this year. It was great.
On our way out of town we grabbed some Chicken Hut chicken (You must try it, really yummy. It is in Morgan in an old Cheveron (so small town hehe!)). We stopped at the rest stop on the way home and let the kids go tubing. It was sooo fun. Hazel was the one that wanted to go again and again!
When we got home we grilled some steaks and watched "Miracle on 34th Street". I had never seen it. It was the old version and it will definitely be on the list in the coming years. All month long we have had Christmas movie nights. We have watched Christmas Vacation, The Polar Express, Elf, Miracle on 34th Street, Jack Frost, all the regular animated favorites and It's a Wonderful Life.

No comments:

Contributors