/* Google analyics */

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Monte Passed!!

Since this is really a Brag not just a blog, indulge me a little. A few years ago (at least it feels like a few years) Monte came home and said he wanted to get his MCSE, which is a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (I think). At the time ,in the mid nineties, every other commercial promised "big" money with your MCSE certification if you attended their training for up to two years. When Monte found out he didn't need the classes and could just take the tests, he was on a mission. We bought a couple of books, charged the 6 tests ($100 a piece, a small fortune back then) on our credit card and went for it. He took the first test on May 31st and the last in October. It was quite a time in our lives. We studied together every night after we put baby Jaxon to bed. I even started passing the practice tests myself. After Microsoft he moved on to Novell and then Cisco. We changed jobs about every year, different companies were always knocking. Then he started programming. This is where he lost me. I hardly understand anything he does now. Several weeks ago he decided to try getting his programming certification. He loves a challenge and wanted to improve himself. After some research he found that this test was REALLY hard. We were both worried this time because, with four big kids, study time wasn't as plentiful. His test was Friday and he passed! I am so proud of you Monte! You are soooo smart it blows my mind. Who reads 600 page books of gibberish then passes a test on it? He still has two more tests to go before he gets the actual certification but this was the biggy. Good Luck sweetie!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, son! I am so proud of you, and so grateful that you have Mechelle, who is so supportive of everything you do! I know that you are so blessed because you have your priorities in the right order. It's started to be a tradition for me to read Mechelle's blog every Sunday evening. Thanks, Mechelle, for sharing the joy. Those little ones grow up so fast, and our time together is so limited-the blog helps me feel a little closer to my precious grandchildren. Monte, I am so proud of you--love, Mom

Jennie said...

Way to go Monte! That is awesome. What certification is it? I hope the next series goes just as well!

Mechelle said...

I think it is called an MCPD Microsoft certified professional developer.

Contributors