/* Google analyics */

Monday, March 10, 2008

You Go Guys! I Love ya!


Warning, I am on the soapbox again. What can I say a happy marriage is my answer to all the world's problems. Last night I finally finished "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands". It took me longer than I thought it would - I guess I have been busy - four kids, husband, house, scouts, food etc etc etc . The things that impacted me the most in the book was how great beings men really are and, how sad it is that its so acceptable to talk about men with your eyes rolling in the back of your head. Lately I have been watching "Little House on the Prairie" in the mornings (don't laugh it brings back memories and gives me the warmies). I am amazed at how that kind of husband wife relationship is not modeled on tv anymore. He provides and protects and she nurtures - and not just the kids. In fact, it could be argued that she nurtures him even more than the kids. Somewhere along the line men's innate characteristics have been almost criminalized and belittled at the very least. Here is an example we can all relate to. How many of you think or say out loud how lucky you are that you have a great guy. You kind of feel like you got the one special guy among the many weirdos. Well, if we all feel that way then the weirdos are the few and all the great guys are more the norm. Think about that for a minute. Could men be great creatures because they just are? HHmmm.

PS
Monte, I really did get the best guy but don't tell.

5 comments:

Jennie said...

I little confession.... I love Little House as well. Ryan mocks me, but what can I say... I just love Half Pint and all her little buddies. :)

Mechelle said...

Thanks for the justification Jennie!

Jewels said...

I love all da boys too! I am a little biased at my house though! Chad likes Little House on the Prarie too!!

"All you need is love" said...

Never seen Little House, but I LOVE the show Matlock because it reminds me of my Mother ironing in the morning on spring day while she watched it (how's that for cheesy!) I don't love the women who wrote the book, but I do agree with the overall theme of it. My Mother-in-law tried to get me to read it...you'll have to share about it next book club

melissa said...

I love Little House too. I remember when I was pregnant with Averi and it was the Christmas Episode when Laura gets her mom the stove. Anyway, I was bawling and someone came to my door. They thought someone had just died. I had to explain that I was just watching Little House. Too bad they don't make shows like that anymore.

Contributors