Life has taken a whole new turn around our house. I can't believe how busy we are. I wake up every morning and immediately go over what is on the docket for the day. What is it about life these days that makes life so crazy? I hear it all the time - people crazy busy. Here's what last week consisted of and this week brings on a whole dynamic I will wait to get into next week (I want to make sure I survive).
Sunday-
Monte and Jax had a meeting at 6:45 am then had to set up chairs at the church just before meetings started at 9am. The early meeting was in the place of his weekly 7am ward council. I have to have everything ready the night before in order to get the kids ready for church on time all by myself.
Monte delegated his 12:30 meeting (shew) and for once skipped his required choir practice at 2:30. I was so beat and needed him.
At 7pm Jax had a bishop's youth meeting.
Monday-
Kids up and off to school. I needed to exercise and get me and the kids ready early because I was meeting my high school friends for lunch and still needed to squeeze in volunteering at the school.
Tuesday-
After I got all the kids off to school I finished the laundry and had to go grocery shopping which is an all day event alone. Abram had scouts at 4pm Monte had a meeting at 6pm and another at 6:30. Jax had young men's at 7pm and I had a meeting followed by visits at 7 as well.
Wednesday-
I needed to clean the house and prepare my dinner for the relief society progressive dinner that night. It took some finagling because the boys had dentist appointments starting at 3pm and I needed to be at the church by 5:30 to help set up. I ran late of course. The dinner started at 6:30 and I got home just before 10pm (it was a great success).
Thursday-
I needed to get some pants for Jax. I went to the mall and then ended up at Old Navy where I scored. They were having additional 50% their clearance. I got seven pieces of clothing, including a coat, for $36! Jax had basketball practice at 5pm and I was supposed to go visiting teaching but it got canceled. However, we had to go to a parents meeting for Ab's ballroom competition at 7pm. (I will have to post pictures of it on the 31st)
Friday-
I had visiting teaching at 10am and had to have Tre ready for school because it is early out day and I knew we might cut it close. I had to run a few errands and
met the kids home at 1:30pm. Ab's basketball practice was at 7:30 and Monte and I snuck (not a word apparently but I am using it) in a quick dinner date during it. We dropped Abs off and went to grab a DVD and some new BB shoes for Jax for the rest of our date.
Saturday-
Monte had BB at 7:30 am. Jax had a scout event at 9am and Abs had a game at 10am. He needed to leave his game early to catch the last half of ballroom practice. He got home just before noon and we had to feed the kids and be at Jax's game by 12:15. After the game we dropped off the kids and Monte took me to the doctor because my ears had been plugged for several days and we were worried that at any minute it would get worse and this cold I have been keeping at bay would cause all kinds of havoc. We just went to the clinic so it took a while. They ended up working on my ears and getting out what the nurse said was "the most and biggest ball of junk she had ever seen". I had never had that done before. I guess it had been building for months. I had noticed I had been dizzy a lot. It took a while for me to adjust to the new dizziness caused by not having clogged ears. It is weird. About 4pm Monte and I snoozed for about an hour, it was heaven.
Well there is my week. Not as bad as some yet a lot for others. These are only the things on the calendar. There were many more "surprises" along the way. I only write this so you will forgive me when I have that "duh" look on my face. I know, especially with my ear thing, that I have left many of you scratching your head wondering when my blond hair turned brown (I have been a real ditz lately).
As you can see nights are the most crazy, anyone up for lunch maybe some shopping can count me in and Friday night dates are our salvation. Anyone up for one of those?
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Holy Whip... you guys are crazy. Right now I'm reading this book my sil let me borrow about how to have a great life in an overscheduled world. I'll let you know if it is any good. You guys are always so great to fit it all in and still have sanity. Balance baby.... it's all about balance right? We are up for date nights. We are free this week, or next, or the next (wink, wink).
Wow!! What a crazy week! You deserve some pampering after that. I never noticed you looking out of sorts at all. The worst weeks are the ones that look relaxing and mellow at the beginning but then things come up like crazy and the week ends up becoming your busiest ever. Good luck with this week. Remember to breathe and everything will be OK.
Wow....is it no wonder that so many of us are stressed out emotional eaters????
Life is busy, but mostly it's a good busy, right?
You make busy look good!
Have a great one :)
Post a Comment