Last week I headed down for some more "Good Things" (check out Jennie's post for pictures) It was fun but I sat there - ON TV - and was thinking to myself "ok this is done, tonight I have a meeting and book club and then tomorrow I am watching the neighbors kids" etc etc. When I got home and watched and saw the look on my face I cried:(
It made me do some soul searching and I am taking steps to be better. I really am enjoying this time in my life, I just need to clear out some of the clutter.
So far I have revamped my basement. Washed, patched and painted the walls and baseboards and cleared my closet of the bigger sizes and actually dropped them at the DI. All of which has done wonders for my head games. I wonder if men understand how we women keep this running list of must-dos and should-dos in our heads at all times taking up valuable space... or is it just me?
I have also cut myself some slack. A third kid in school and afternoon kindergarten cuts my day in half but adds to my tasks and although I wouldn't change it, it does make life a bit more hectic.
A third realization and most difficult for me is that no matter who or what you are you see your own negatives and they are so loud they blind you to the positives. The last times I have seen myself on tv I thought "ok, need to remember I have birthed four children, need to be happy with who I am on the inside" blah blah blah. This time I was anxious to see myself and the difference from the last times. I think I was more hard on myself than ever. What is up with that? Why are we so critical of ourselves and how do we stop it? I hope to tackle this problem for womankind and not just for myself.
You have all been so kind with your compliments and they have helped me so much. I am so blessed with several GREAT networks of friends. You people rock my world with joy! All of you reading this I absolutely LOVE. I wouldn't change a single thing about any of you. You make the world brighter each and every day you are in it! Thank you for your wonderful examples and when I grow up I hope to glean a little something from each of you.
mmuuuwwaa!
(or however you make a giant kiss sound)
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You are so funny. You can always get the spelling of sound effects just right! You are harder on yourself than anyone. Because lady... I'm tellin' you, I think you are awesome. Seriously, you have so much insight and perspective. I love talking to and being around you. When we were out to lunch after Kohl's, I just sat back and was grateful that I have such a fun and easy going friend. I mean... how many people would let you order a sandwich and not even care what was on it. It sounds dumb... but it was a lesson for me. I need to relax a bit more and be more like you at times in my life. I'm glad you are getting so much done. I think you are right. We are able to see so much more clearly once the cobwebs are cleared away. Maybe I should tackle my own DI pile this afternoon. :)
Hello, I had no idea you were going to be on GTU again and I missed it! I have to come over and watch it, I hope you saved it! You are amazing Mechelle, I think we all have those days that are kind of blah! Hope things look brighter, have a great day!
In some ways it's nice to know we are all human and struggle with fairly similar things. And I'm pretty sure I could answer collectively for all who know you that there's nothing we'd change about you either!
It's true - we are definitely most hard on our selves.
And it's a good thing to de-clutter our heads as well as our houses every so often, right? (actually....alot of times decluttering my house declutters my mind at the same time - kind of a two-for-one thing!)
I'm just amazed at how quickly my 'head clutter' comes back. Darnet.
When you find the secret to being able to see a healthy dose of your negatives, as well as a healthy dose of your positives - let me know, because all too often my negatives are shouting WAY too loud at me, and that get's discouraging pretty darn fast.
You are completely awesome and I think the world of you!
Katie texted me that day so I saw you on GTU. You looked fabulous. I don't know how you stay so calm. I would be freaking out. You aren't the only one I have lots of lists in my head. It's one of the curses of being a woman.
Post a Comment