

Yesterday was my big day on Good Things Utah. It was a long time coming and I am relieved to have it over. All the different scenarios of what might happen going through my head every night was taking it's tole. I did have a great time though. I got there at about 9AM but the show was a little crazy that day and they didn't even come and get me until maybe ten minutes before the show! I was in a complete daze not even knowing what was on the show or what I would be doing or what the sequence would be. I haven't watched it all the way yet, I am a little scared to, but a lot of what I have seen I didn't remember being on tv. I guess I truly forgot there were cameras. Your voice is not amplified so you are just talking normally. (I always hate the way my voice sounds. I sound like a 14 year old boy going through puberty.)
Anyway, it was a fun time. I am glad to have it as a memory. The best part was letting my kids see me push myself and go outside my comfort zone - they don't see that too often. I was surprised at how nervous they were. It made me all the more brave and heroic in their eyes. Abram and Jaxon kept saying all day how great I did (which, to be honest, is why I am a little scared to watch the show). Monte and the kids were so sweet to me all day. The ride home was long and when I finally got there I collapsed in Monte's arms and cried. There were a lot of emotions happening.
The GTU girls are all really nice. They treat you like you are so important and I hope to gain that quality. Angie pulled me aside and told me that she could tell I had a great family and husband. We had a whole conversation about marriage and "stuff" it was great. Regan is just a lot of fun. She was a little sad without Nicea, they are really really good friends. Marty was the sweetest ever. Even Angel Shannon, Gina the producer and the kitchen producer were giving me hugs. It was weird to have such attention. It made me realize what a sacrifice being a stay-at-home mom is.
To sum up I would have to say, a great time and an even better memory. I am glad to have it over. They said I needed to come back and visit so anyone who wants to go, let's go! I forgot to beg for tickets to the show with Stephanie Meyers, darn.

5 comments:
You did such an awesome job!! I am so proud of you and admire your courage! I will totally go with you sometime! I did finally get an e-mail back-a day too late!
Mechelle,
I couldn't watch because I was teaching joy school right during that hour and I don't have a t.v. to watch or record on, but my Mom watched and said you did great and I am planning to watch the clip from some one else, if you have it please bring it to book club, I am sure I am not the only one who would like to watch. I am thrilled you got to have that opportunity, I want to hear everything on thursday.
Mechelle, you were fabulous. The whole time I watched the show I kept thinking, "You are so brave." 1st of all, you dared to send in an entry - I don't think I would have even done that. And 2nd of all, you were so cool and collected. If you were nervous, the audience totally couldn't tell. I also loved the Bun Basket cookies. Way to give props to our home town guilty pleasure. Their brownies are yum-o! Anywho... you were a rock star and I am so proud of you! Ditto on tickets for GTU. Let's do it!
Great job Mechelle...you are VERY brave! I have it tivo'd and haven't had time to watch it yet -- I think we'll have to watch it tomorrow night at book club. :)
Mechelle, hey I peaked onto your blog through Julie's. It was about the time you told the date you were going to be on GTU. I made sure I had it record. You did awesome and looked so beautiful. It was so fun to know someone on GTU. Hope it's ok if I add you to my list of bloggers. Hope all is well with you and your family.
Post a Comment