Yesterday I had my NovaSure ablation. It went really well. I was in the operating room and then, boom, it was over and Monte was there. He said he kept asking me the same question over and over and I would answer the same thing like I hadn't ever said it. Stinker! He is such a tease.
It is so weird when you have anesthesia. The anesthesiologist said it was really mild and I might even remember some of it but that I wouldn't feel pain. Not me, I don't even remember closing my eyes. I was gone, out, over. It was so quick though, we left about 9:15 am and were home by 11:45. It was so amazing. The whole thing happened at my doctor's clinic. He has a really nice setup.
It sounds weird but yesterday was such a nice day. I think it was because I could let Monte take care of me without any guilt. He did such a great job. He brought me my double cheeseburger I was craving and a box of hot tamales, my fav. He took care of the kids and the house. He even got me a movie to watch. The whole day was the best ever!
Today I am back to normal. I feel kind of like day 25 after having a baby – not too bad. I haven't taken a pain pill for over 24 hours. Speaking of pain pills I don't have any worries about becoming addicted. I hated the way they made me feel. Sure they took the pain away but I only took two total and that was enough to know I don't like them.
It has been great so far. I will keep you posted on the results.
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Mechelle, I'm so excited for you. I hope the recovery is speedy.
Good for you Mechelle! I'm glad everything went perfect -- I'm sure you are glad it's over with. I think we all need to have more of those days that our husbands take care of everything. Glad you got a good rest. :)
I am glad your got your double cheeseburger...those ARE the best days, especially without a side of guilt. Glad it went well see if a few.
I am crossing my fingers that it will work wonders!!!
Post a Comment