
We recently changed our Dish package after trying out the cheapest package. We originally changed to get the BYU football games and the $20 plus ALL the taxes was great but in the end we were only watching maybe three channels. Anyway, since we switched back I have been addicted to "John and Kate Plus 8". I remember Julie showing me it once and I liked it but now I am a true addict. It is a reality show about a couple that couldn't get pregnant and then had twins with fertility treatments. On Oprah she said she wanted to see what is was like to not be divided all the time between two and wanted to try just having one. But, the fertility treatments worked wonders and they got six. Granted, Kate is a little obnoxious but I love that she makes motherhood so important. Of all people, she could be the one to take shortcuts but doesn't and I love that about her. Can you even imagine being 30 and having eight kids? You have got to check it out!

2 comments:
Mechelle, it is so funny you mentioned this show. I watched it the other night. Kate was upset that her 3 year olds had gum from Aunt Jody and that it was stuck in their clothes and toys. The next day, Collin fell asleep with gum in his mouth and it became stuck to his hands and clothes. The first thing I thought of was Kate at the sink saying, "Who gives gum to 3 yr. olds?" Yes... Collin is 4, but still funny all the same.
Oh Mechelle, I'm so glad you like it! If you only watch one or two episodes you think, man she is so naggy but if you watch them all you realize how amazing she is! I have a tendency to be like her, both the good and the bad and it is helpful for me to sit back and listen to how mean she can sound-even when she doesn't mean to be. It has helped me be more sensitive to Chad and when he is really helping in his "own" way, it doesn't have to be my way! Anyway, after that little novel-I am counting down the days to your big debut on Good Things Utah!
Post a Comment