/* Google analyics */

Monday, April 14, 2008

Jaxon's Projects




Jaxon has the best teacher this year. They have done some fun things including decorate cakes the shape of the state they picked for their 5th grade state report. It was such a fun time. The parents got to come watch as they followed a map they had drawn. They brought all kinds of candy and frostings to get the job done. Jaxon picked Mississippi because his cousin Robbie went there on his mission and because their state capitol is...Jackson! He did a great job. The best part was that he got to bring it home for all of us to eat.
Get this, instead of the boring notebook and oral report, the kids had to put together a power point presentation of their state. It was complete with the state song playing in the background. Great job Jax!
Now we are working on a new project for him. We have to put together a time capsule to be opened when he turns 18. It is going to be so fun to open it in 7 years. His teacher is sealing their stuff into big cans so they will truly be out of reach.
We have done several things including interviewing him on camera and burning it to a disc and asked and typed up a bunch of predictions, like how many girls he thinks he will have kissed and how many times the Jazz will have won the NBA Championships.
You will just have to wait to see if he was close!

1 comment:

Jewels said...

I think he really chose that state so he could drive you crazy spelling it M-I-SS-I-SS-I-PP-I!

Contributors