




I think I am the last to get the halloween holiday represented in the blog world but better late than never right? I spent most of the day trying to get my mom released from the hospital and back to her assisted living center and was barely in the mood for festivities when I got home. However, it turned out to be one of the best years yet! Abs was a football player, Tre was Mario and Hazel just wanted to be sparkly so we made her a pink witch.
We did something fun this year. Our circle met for a chili dinner before the trick-or-treating got under way. It was so much fun and yummy too! I made my famous homemade donuts for dessert (like we really needed it).
Then it was on to the important stuff! Jaxon had decided that he was too old for trick-or-treating this year and opted to be the official candy passer outer. I talked him into a scary mask so he could scare the kids. He did a great job - I don't think I answered the door once all night. Because of Jax, I was able to go with Monte to take the little kids out. It was fun getting to see that part of it. Tre said "mommmy, this is your first time trick-or-treating!" Poor kid must think adulthood is so boring.
Abram went out with some friends and hit almost every house in the neighborhood. He had quite the stash at the end of the night but willingly shared with everyone at home. He didn't get home until late. Monte had said to be home by ten but realized that was four hours away after Abram had left. Oops! Meanwhile we watched "The Sixth Sense" with Jax. We were hoping to give him the creeps but he was not even scared.

1 comment:
Mechelle, I'm sorry about your mom. I hope everything is okay. I can't believe Jaxon was "too old" to go trick or treating. How mature of him. :) I also love your circle's festivities. How fun to live in such an energetic place.
Post a Comment