/* Google analyics */

Monday, November 24, 2008

Seven Random Facts about Monte

Okay, you asked for it. Here you go.
  1. I like sardines and smoked oysters. Sardines are really good in olive oil, mustard sauce, or tomato sauce.
  2. I am really cheap, as evidenced by my hobby and lackluster website, threebuckfeast.com. Yes, I made Mechelle take the pictures. The Carls Jr taco is my favorite. Extra points if you can find it.
  3. Daily, I use a neti pot. If you aren't familiar with the practice, which is an integral part of good grooming, you may find the video by drewtoothpaste on youtube informative. I'm not including it here because the only word (which comes at the end, just after the music stops if you want to avoid it) is an R-Rated expletive. Now the warning is out of the way, here's the link. As a side note, if you want to be able to make delicious bread, check out this video which was one of drewtoothpaste's favorites when I stumbled on to his work.
  4. I am reluctant to reveal much more. I'm feeling overexposed by the previous random fact.
  5. I do most of my own mechanic work. Usually, simple things aren't too bad like changing oil and brakes. I got into real trouble when my motorcycle wouldn't start. I eventually found that there was no compression in the cylinder. I made several mistakes along the way and broke several parts through ignorance and violence, but in the end was able to replace my piston and ride again. The whole ordeal took about a year.
  6. After finishing that job, I read the book Zen and the Art of Motorcyle Maintenance. It was an enjoyable read for me because it discusses meaningful ideas in an entertaining way.
  7. I really am a geek at heart. Here are a few examples:
  • If you ask me who won American Idol last season, I would probably answer, "An American of course!". Then again, I probably wouldn't think that fast. Same thing with "Dancing with the Stars" and such. But I tend to keep up on "The Office" and Nova pretty well.
  • I'm generally unaware of non-verbal communication.
Wow, I'm glad that's over. You probably are too. I tag my mother.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Monte, it is good to get to know you even better. You and Ryan can use your Nettie pots together. :) Although, you have him beat. He only uses it when he has a cold. I'll have to tell him he needs to clean up his act. :)

Contributors