/* Google analyics */

Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Birthday to US!


Today has been a great day. Monte and I, who share the same birthday, spent the day relaxing and enjoying our family. We did wake up early and braved the crowds, but it made for a fun memory.

When we got home, Jaxon had the song "Michelle My Bell" waiting for me to hear with a big hug and kiss. He played the Wii for weeks and saved the last level for me to play as a gift. Monte made me sneak back to bed so he could wake up Abram who wanted to make me a yummy french toast breakfast in bed. For Monte, he has been working hard to learn a song on the piano and preformed it for him. He practiced on his own for weeks! Tre made us two books. He even wrote mom, dad and Tre all by himself, correct spelling and everything. In the afternoon we were able to get out again for lunch and some more shopping. Tonight we started our Christmas-movie-watching-tradition with "The Polar Express".

I can proudly say I am now a 33 year old woman! My age has taught me that I have to be proud and excited for who I am because it will always get worse! I could complain about my chub, gray hairs and wrinkles but soon I will look back and say "man, I would give anything for that body back", so I might as well enjoy what I got now.

This reminds me. I was taking a shower earlier and thinking in those few moments how grateful I am. I thought about what I would narrow down as my top five "grateful fors". Here is what I decided.

1. My family, my wonderful children and loving husband. I thought if I had these they would automatically create other blessings.

2. My Testimony. Again, I see this as a root to many other blessings.

3. My Health. I never take this for granted. Whether mental, physical or spiritual, health becomes your biggest trial when you don't have it .

4. I got here when I realized the most important thing I am grateful for. I am grateful to be grateful. A long as I am blessed with the feeling of gratitude I am truly blessed.

Gratitude, my favorite emotion!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Happy Birthday guys. For some reason I was thinking your b-day was around Christmas. I guess that is Jaxon. I'm glad you had a good day.

Contributors