
It is once again TGIF! I am glad to be here. It hasn't been an awful week but I am glad just the same. Usually my house gets trashed Fridays because of early out, but this week we had early out all week and things stayed in pretty good shape. I am hoping that continues today.
Last night we had our weekly bath time. A while back I was grumpy (I know, it was a shock to all of us, right hunny?) We got in the tub and stayed there for three hours talking. I told Monte that night that I really needed this sometimes. He offered Thursday nights for tubby talk time. The best part is that he has been the one to keep it up, remembering every week on his own. I am telling you guys out there, if you want SOME this is a good way to get her to want IT too.
Yesterday I was listening to Dr. Laura for a minute, and this guy wanted to make his wife understand how IT is important to him, more than just to get an ...well I won't get graphic but you know. It is just as much emotional to guys as sexual. Dr. Laura told him to tell his wife that if he gave her the silent treatment how long would it take to drive her crazy. As a woman I got this concept vividly. Talking to women is like sex to a man. (Some women prefer the time together more than talking but the concept is the same.) Is only "talking" once a month or even once a week good enough for you girls?
So guys, this is golden stuff here. The key to the code. The holy grail of understanding women! Take some time to listen. Just listen. When you feel like giving a suggestion, don't, say "that's hard" or just grunt in an understanding way, but listen. If she wants your advice she will ask for it. Tell her about what's on your mind too. Talk about more than the kids or the day to day stuff. Nobody sees what your relationship is like behind closed doors so make behind those doors a sanctuary, a place that is "magical". Your life in front of the doors will improve as well. You picked your spouse and you are not stupid right? He or she is really a great person, let them know it.
One rule Monte made for our tub time is that we don't do IT that day. He says the days and nights before, the morning, afternoon and nights after are ok but we won't do it that day so I don't have any pressure (hehehe). I didn't think it was that big of deal at first but now I like it a lot. It makes me feel important and validated. Then, Friday night comes and look out Monte here I come! Again I say TGIF!

2 comments:
Hey Guys, we will be sure not to call on Friday nights!! Have a good weekend.
Mechelle, you are so wise! Thanks for all the words of wisdom. ...and as the church cliche says, now we need to go home and apply it our lives. :) TGIF!
Post a Comment