/* Google analyics */

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Tag Response

Thanks for the tag Ryan. Here's my best shot.

Two Names I've Gone By: Monte. Mont. And my dad calls me Montster. I once gave myself the nickname The Abrogator in a network game of Quake3 Arena. I thought it was cool at the time. Now, I'm thinking I'm really just a geek.

Two Things I'm Wearing Right Now: Jeans and a polo shirt. Underwear, socks, shoes. I have those shoes without laces. They don't have velcro either. Just some elastic material that holds them on my feet. What's up with people that wear these anyway - are they so lazy that they can't tie their own shoes? I could maybe see it in Japan where they take their shoes off when going inside, but come on people. That's what I thought. Now I own two pair.

Two Things I Want (or Have) in A Relationship: Destiny. Did you know that the first time I saw my wife, she had no clothes on? True. True. But we were only hours old. I'm still trying to figure out why Mechelle's sister traveled all the way to Japan on an LDS Mission to find me. If you want the full amazing story, Mechelle will have to blog it for you.

Two of My Favorite Things to Do: Ride a desert trail on my '98 KDX 220 motorcycle. I consider the challenges of the trail to be a metaphor for life. Secondly, I like to have a family party at home - we'll watch a movie, have pizza or watch a Jazz game together. I love it.

Two People I Last Talked To: Hazel just wet her bed and let me know. It's ok though, I flipped her over to the foot of the bed. And Abram. He did a great job on his school program tonight.

Two Things I Did Last Night: Led the Webelos Cub Scout meeting. We're working on citizenship. I've been involved with Scouts almost continuously since 1995. That's a lot of Wednesday nights given up. But it sure makes me feel good to know I'm trying to make a difference. It was a pleasure to be Jaxon's leader for a year. The other thing I did was look on the 'net for parts for my motorcycle. The engine has been sitting in pieces in my garage for the last few months. It needs a new piston. And since I tried to replace it myself, instead of taking it to a mechanic, I need to replace a few more parts too. I didn't end up buying any, the place with the best price was "temporarily" out of stock.

Two Favorite Holidays: Christmas and the Fourth of July. Christmas is obvious, Mechelle gives thoughtful presents. For the Fourth, we've taken our family and a little grill over to Davis High for fireworks the last couple of years. You can have a blast sitting on a blanket with your family for a couple hours playing cards and frisbee and just hanging out.

Two Favorite Drinks: Cranberry juice - it helps raise my good cholesterol. Egg nog. It helps raise by bad cholesterol. I believe in balance.

Two Jobs I Have had in My Life: It's true. I once worked at Tokyo Disneyland as Pete for the Electrical Light Parade. I sat on this big Elliot dinosaur and lip synced a script. The pay was great and the work was fun and easy. I paid my dues though, I was also a paper boy for the Stars and Stripes. The pay wasn't so great and it was difficult and tedious.

Two Things You May Not Know About Me: Is there anything you don't know about me? You're reading my wife's blog for cryin' out loud. Ok, I guess there might be a few things. First, I like to meditate. It's just simple meditation where you try and clear your mind, like a muddy glass of water settling to the bottom. It's also a lot like weight-lifting for your mind. The second thing is that I'm an introvert. I get energy by having some alone time. Being with others takes energy from me, but I can manage and enjoy it fine if I have a little time to myself every now and then.

Two Movies I could Watch Over and Over: I really like A Beautiful Mind. Every time I watch it, I just know I'm crazy too. I'm going to be original here and not say "Moonstruck" like Mechelle did, so I have to go with CondorMan!

Two Favorite Foods: I'm lucky to have such a good cook for a wife. I really love her Chicken Cordon Bleu. There's a lot of other things to choose from, but I also love Japanese and Vietnamese food. I just like food.

Two Places I’d Rather be Right Now: Waikiki, strolling the beach with Mechelle would be really great. I'd also like to go on a vacation to Greece sometime. Maybe the food subject is still on my mind.... Hmmmm.

It's a good thing the food subject was near the end. I could see a theme starting to form. I'm going to go have a sandwich. Gary - tag, you're it.

5 comments:

Mechelle said...

Monte, you CRACK ME UP! You are the most sincere and genuine person I know. I can almost read the one hundred and fifty backspaces (I know you so well). hehehe
I love you babe, times infinity.

Jennie said...

Monte... you did it! Awesome. Thanks for letting us know more about how your mind works and all the things that make you YOU. We think you are great.

"All you need is love" said...

Mechelle,
You have always spoke highly of Monte and said great things, but you didn't tell us he is hilarious!
I have to hand it to you Monte, I've always liked you just because your name is Monte, despite only knowing you through Mechelle, but now I might even dare say hi to you at the next book club bbq.

Jewels said...

After living next door to you for almost 4 years you think you know a person! But wow, we now know you are even greater, funnier and more awesome then ever. Thanks for the insight-love the Brophy's!

Brindy said...

That's so funny -- I have an uncle and everybody calls him Uncle Monster. :) But what other nickname can you come up with with the name Monte? I love it.

You and Ken have very similar personalities...he is very much an introvert. Which I just found a website stating exactly what you said: "An introvert is a person who is energized by being alone and whose energy is drained by being around other people." Wow, I just learned something new today! :)

Contributors