/* Google analyics */

Friday, May 23, 2008

My Little Rock Star

Last night I got in at 3am from book club (which might explain any strange English or grammar). It is sooo late but it is like therapy. The women in that group are all so different (I know I have said this a thousand times) and although the advice comes from four hundred different directions, the fact that we are all different and yet going through a lot of the same things is empowering. For the last several months, after he truly understood the energy it gave me for the next month, Monte wakes up and let's me tell him all about it. He even has a genuine smile which must be hard to do. Monte, you are bangin' awesome!
Last night during this little conversation Monte informed me Jaxon has a talent show today (Friday) and is going to sing for it. WHAT? JAXON, My JAXON. Who? What? Where? WHAT? I have had this kid all wrong for 11 years? My Jaxon is the dependable, by-the-book, safe, cautious and kind-of-shy one. The Jaxon I know would not intentionally sign up to sing in front of anyone, and yet, it is true.
Monte helped him make a CD and printed the words to two songs and Jaxon wants to let his class pick which one he sings. They are "Eat It" by Weird Al and the song "hey now, get your game on, your a rock star" whatever that song is called. He showed me this morning and it is the most hilarious thing. (I wasn't sure if he was seriously singing or what so, I tested the waters before making my first giggle) He air guitars and puts some grooves on. I was almost tearing up.
I asked him if he was scared or what and he said "I don't care if I get stage fright, I am going to do it!" I am sooooo proud. I always say "there is only one opinion about yourself that counts, your own".
Way to fight the dragon head on Jax!

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Wow... you are up and at 'em early. I am still trying to get it together at 11:00. Thanks for such a great night! I'm so glad you are a part of it. It wouldn't be the same with out you and your insightful comments. I hope you didn't replay too much - you must not have gotten to bed before 4:00am - especially with that bangin' husband of yours. :) He is sweet to stay awake

Jewels said...

How funny!! Last week in church I called on him to help me with singing time. We were singing Do As I'm Doing and he chose to do a little disco moves. You should have seen him do it fast and slow-it was awesome!

Mechelle said...

Jennie, Your are the sweetest! I see you got my wink wink.

Contributors