



Yesterday, as I was getting ready, I heard the front door open and two little voices exit the house. I'm not sure if they planned this activity beforehand or what but when I went to check on them they were having a full-on fun time. Tre would put the skateboard at the top of the driveway and hold it steady while Hazel would climb on the back. With no fear they would fly down the driveway. Tre would heroically lug the skateboard back to the top and they would go for it again and again and again... It was the funniest thing ever!
It has been really interesting watching Tre and Hazel's relationship. The boys just had the same mind and went for it but these two have a funny way of being together. They don't fight (Hazel leaves that for the older brothers), they almost seem to communicate without words. Usually with kids you hear one telling the other one what to do but these two just seem to know what to do and just play.
I need help with getting Hazel to stop sucking her fingers. The problem is that she gets into a little trance and just wants to sit by me or on me and play with my knuckles and the veins on my hand. It is the strangest thing, ever since we took her blankie away, she rubs the knuckle bone with her pointer finger and rolls and pinches the veins in my hand. It hurts! She must be the only child alive that cries "mommy knuckles" when she is tired. I think if she stops the sucking fingers she will stop giving me bruises. Help! Any ideas?

2 comments:
Aw, too cute! We love Tre and Hazel too! They have the perfect personalitites to mesh well together-easy going and people pleasers! I think her two fingers are classic, I always thought eventually she would stop because it would hurt to do it, I mean really try doing it, it is an awkward and painful experience!
How cute are they? I wish I had 2 kids that would get along like that. Although, maybe that's where a boy would be helpful. I think girls are too competitive or something...they need a boy to ground them. :)
Sorry no solutions for you about the finger sucking. Caitlin (just turned 6) still sucks her thumb when she's tired -- usually when she is holding her blanket. It's hard to force them not to do it. Ashlan decided when she turned 8 that she wasn't going to suck her thumb anymore, and she didn't! I was amazed. I think they have to make up their own mind, otherwise it's just a battle. Good Luck!
Post a Comment