/* Google analyics */

Friday, October 17, 2008

Breakfast Anyone?

Breakfast has not been one of my favorite meals. I only eat cereal when I am in the mood - which isn't often. I have always gone back and forth with smoothies and love how easy they are. My newest recipe is by far my favorite and easiest! The thing I like the most is that I don't have to think about it, I don't like to dwell on what to eat too long. Sometimes I just can't do another pancake or scrambled egg. I can make the kids their breakfast and not feel like I am making two different meals.

Mechelle's Chocolate Smoothie

1 Cup Chocolate Soy milk (lite is better but harder to find lately)
1 Cup Low fat Milk (I use 1%)
1 banana (when bananas are just going brown peel & freeze and it works even better)
3-5 ice cubes

Put everything in a blender or I use an immersion blender in a large cup and blend until smooth. Enjoy!

I am telling you it is good and gives you that chocolate fix. It is roughly 300-350 calories so it is not just a snack but it really fills you up and stays with you. Sometimes I eat it for lunch when there is nothing to eat or better yet when I am in a hurry. You can add some flax meal or seed to it to pump up the fiber. Soy helps with all the womanly issues and offers lots of nutrients. Plus, for the calorie count you can't match it with regular chocolate milk.

Happy Drinking!

2 comments:

Lara said...

This sounds quite tasty and I can't wait to try it. Anything chocolate...bring it on!

Jewels said...

Sounds yummy and easy, I bet even my boys would love it! Thanks for sharing!!

Contributors