/* Google analyics */

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Apples Apples Apples


Today I am having a wonderful mom day. It's laundry day so I gave myself permission to hunker down and stay in. Monte brought home a load of apples from a coworker and I got the baking bug. I baked a huge apple pie, an apple crostata (which is basically an apple pie without the pie pan) and a puff pastry tart. http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_21686,00.html
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_29717,00.html
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_4020,00.html

My house smells amazing you have got to try them. I am not a big apple pie lover but I love to make them. Weird huh? However, I will definitely give these a try.

I have had the best time checking out everybody's blogs. I think they are the greatest inventions! All of you who have them and share, thank you!

6 comments:

Jennie said...

Mechelle, You are the best little homemaker - and I mean that in a good way! You are the freakin' bomb! Baking apple pies.... I don't think I have ever baked a pie in my life... well, besides pumpkin and that doesn't really count. It is too easy. Anyway, if you can't finish all your yummy treats, send them our way. We know how to pound down the desserts!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the apples. I am monte's coworker who supplied the apples. I wanted to give him more apples so that more pies could come back. It was great all of operations ate the apples. Thanks a ton for making ops day!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I am also one of Monte's co-workers and he gave me some of your apple pie. YOU ARE A FABULOUS COOK. Thank you so much.

Anonymous said...

I am the lucky one to already know Monte and Mechelle, as I live just around the corner from them. Thanks for the pie today...it was awesome, and quite a compliment when John put the rest of the apples on Monte's chair! Quick FYI, we love having Monte on the team here.

Anonymous said...

Thanks! It was yummy.

Anonymous said...

Mechelle, the pie was great. I work with Monte as well and was pleasantly surprized to have homemade apple pie for our afternoon snack yesterday. Delicious! You are always welcome to send your "Baking Bug" results with Monte to work.

Contributors