/* Google analyics */

Thursday, October 25, 2007

My Little Men


The other day I tried to take pictures of the kids for our Christmas card, but Hazel would have nothing of it. She wanted to take the pictures, not be in them. I did, however, get some cute pictures of just the boys. I love these boys. I am amazed at how raising boys has changed me. I have grown to have a huge respect for the male population. They are amazing beings. They are brave and they are hard workers and despite what you may think they have a huge capacity to love and just want to be loved in return. Women, of course, want this too but want it their way or it doesn't count. We women could learn a lot from our men if we try a little. We need to give the guys a break, men are not as stupid as they are portrayed on TV. You only have to watch one show's worth of commercials to see that making a man stupid or dumb is totally acceptable. Try switching the gender rolls of some of the commercials and you'd see they could never get away with it. If the story calls for an idiot it is always a man. These stereotypes make it hard for me to raise my boys into real manly men. If they only tried to live up to the worlds expectations they would fail life as well as themselves. They are great kids and they have all the potential for greatness within them. Lucky for me they have a wonderful role model at home.

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Love this!

Jewels said...

What handsome little men you have!! I have always admired what great kids they are both inside and out.

Anonymous said...

What handsome little men!! I have always admired how awesome your kids are both inside and out.

Contributors