/* Google analyics */

Monday, October 22, 2007

Eat Breakfast

As Mechelle mentioned in her post A New Life For Mom, she has changed. And definitely for the better. Her improvement has affected everyone in our family deeply. One of the things she has changed is that she wakes up earlier with the family and cooks us all a delicious breakfast. In this post, I'll cover the benefits to our family and what Mechelle has been making.

I've noticed these benefits:
  • Kids are generally more satisfied.
    • They seem to be less starved for attention throughout the day
    • They don't wolf down the snacks after school
    • They get sick less often
  • I'm more satisfied
    • I can avoid eating snacks before lunch. I used to eat cereal or oatmeal for breakfast, but the stuff Mechelle makes is much better.
    • I feel better at work having spent some time with the family in the morning.
    • I just love the stuff she makes.

  • Mechelle and I are both losing weight. Sound pretty good eh? Eat more, weigh less. Is it possible?
If you'd like to read up on some of the reasons for these benefits, check out Wikipedia's entry about breakfast. Don't you just love Wikipedia?

Ok, now on to my favorite part - What has Mechelle made for us. Maybe she'll post some instructions and recipes if you are interested in making them yourself. Sometimes she makes them the night before and other times, just in the morning. But I think the most effective thing she does is planning the meals two weeks in advance and then shopping for them ahead of time.

  • Puff Pastry, Ham, Egg, and Cheese Sandwiches
  • Homemade Granola
  • Blueberry Muffins
  • Chocolate Chip Pancakes
  • Omelettes
  • Gingerbread Waffles with melted Ice Cream topping and Butter Syrup
  • Breakfast Burritos
  • Cinnamon Rolls
  • Roll Up Pancakes (crepes)
I'm leaving out the other 75% of delicious things she makes - I'm running short on time and really want to finish this post.

For the most part, the things Mechelle makes are pretty ordinary. But just like she uses her woman's touch to make our house a home, she adds a little embellishment to every meal. She must think to herself - how can I add a little touch of love to this meal and then comes up with something amazing - like the Ice Cream on top of the gingerbread waffles.

Mechelle, thanks for all you do for me and our family. I love you so much.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Wow Mechelle, I am impressed. Anyone who can get up and fuction early i n the morning is amazing to me.

Ryan said...

Jennie told me I wasn't allowed to read this, and if I did, I shouldn't expect the same treatment... What time is breakfast?!?

Contributors