/* Google analyics */

Thursday, October 11, 2007

How could I be mad at a face like this?


I have been in mourning the last few days. Monday I was working on my laptop when it slipped off my lap and hit the floor. In a matter of a second the screen was completely ruined. I was so upset. I felt so bad that I had made such a huge mistake and it was hard for me to even admit it. I wanted there to be a reason beyond me. But, there wasn't. It made me understand how Jaxon (age 10) felt when a few weeks ago he decided to try making shrink-a-dinks in the microwave and it basically blew up. I was pretty hard on him even though he didn't mean for it to happen. Luckily Monte came to the rescue both times. He miraculously fixed the microwave for about $10 and the new screen is on its way for about $150. Humm lets see, who owes who the apology?

Jaxon,
I am sorry I was so hard on you even when I knew you were sooo sorry. It was a mistake and I shouldn't have tried to make you feel bad because you already did. I knew that you would never do it again and I still lectured. I am sorry, Jaxon. I love you with all my heart. You are such a great kid and I am so blessed to be your mom. You have taught me more than you could ever know. I see courage in you I wish I had. You are an awesome person!
Love,
Mom

1 comment:

Jennie said...

So Cute Mechelle! I think we as parents do this more often than we like to admit. Thanks for the reminder!

Contributors