So it was another wonderful conference weekend. I get a lump in my throat from the very start every time. These men are so uplifting, they really make you want to live better. Anyone struggling with the church should watch conference. They teach the simple gospel without too much of the human slant. A few of my favorites were, Elder Ballard, President Eyring, President Hinckley, Sister Beck and of course the touching experience with Elder Wirthlin, that was just the sweetest ever! If you didn't get a chance to see it, here you go.
http://www.lds.org/conference/sessions/display/0,5239,49-1-775,00.html
I am so proud to be a member of this church. I love being a part of the humanitarian work http://www.providentliving.org/welfare/pdf/2006WelfareFactSheet.pdf and the perpetual education fund http://www.lds.org/pef/display/0,12036,2074-1-1284,00.html. They are inspired programs. They do so much good. The world is scary. Something like global warming can mean doomsday without a knowledge of the meaning and purpose of this earth and why we are here. I am not afraid. I know there is a loving Father in Heaven that won't stop bad things from happening and can't interfere with our choices, but stands ready to make us equal to our trials and bless us when we seek him. You don't need to be a member of any church to know this either, He is a equal opportunity Father.
Monday, October 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment